We went to Crater Lake yesterday, and it was amazing!!! We all thought it was formed by a meteor, but actually it was formed by a volcano that erupted and collapsed. It is the deepest freshwater lake in the United States, 7th deepest in the world. It is 1,940 feet at its deepest point.
The only bad thing was Sarah got altitude sickness. She had a horrible headache (later she said she thought her head was going to explode) and threw up a few times. After about an hour (and some ibuprofen), she felt better. We were able to go on a few hikes.
Today we're driving up the coast of Oregon, and will be going to some sand dunes and a Sea Lion Cave. It should be lots of fun! I'll hopefully post pictures soon.
Enjoy these pictures from yesterday!
10 comments:
Hey Shelby!
Crater Lake looks AMAZING!!
I am glad Sarah feels better! The pictures are really good! Thanks for posting! Love, Bethany
P.S. Tell Sarah I said "Juicy Bubbles!"
Hey Shelby!!
All the pic. look amazing!!!!!
I can't wait to see pictures from what you did today!!!
Love,
Katie
P.S. aren't you glad i told you to write 'Please leave a comment' i am a genius!!!!!!! jk... but hopefully close to that:)
Hey Shelby!
All of the pictures are sooo pretty! I hope Sarah's feeling better.
Please, please, please continue your blog! I like knowing where you are and what your doing:)
I REALLY miss you, but I hope you enjoy the rest of your wonderful vacation! Hi to all the Suffs!
Love,
Mary
oops - the deleted comment was us in case you were wondering! We were having a hard time remembering our password, then when it worked, it posted twice, so we tried to delete one of them! Just keeping life interesting, just in case it's not interesting enough for you out in the wild, wild west!
Shelby,
Crater Lake looks and sounds incredible. The pics are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Hope ya'll continue to have a great time and hope Sarah is feeling all better now.
Mrs. Rutledge
HEY Shelby and all of the Suffridge family!
It sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! Crater lake looks so cool, and so do all the other places you posted pics of! Can't wait to see more! Love you all!
Lizzy:)
P.S. Glad you feel better, Sarah! It would have been terrible if your head exploded...
Hey Shelby!
I like the pictures! I'm glad Sarah feels better!
Love, Emma
Hi Shelby, We got home Tuesday night and have enjoyed reading your blogs. I hope you have a great time during the rest of your trip. Oregon and Washington are interesting places.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa
Post a Comment