The last day of our vacation was spent in Seattle, WA. We started the day at the Space Needle. There wasn't much of a wait, which was nice. Then Jacob, my dad and I went to a museum called the Experience Music Project. Jacob has not been able to play guitar since we left, and he really enjoyed his time at the museum. They had a guitar gallery showing the evolution of the guitar from the 1800s to today. They also had a room where you could play different instruments. Another exhibit was dedicated to the career of Seattle native Jimi Hendrix. One of the greatest moments of the day was when Jacob opened an emergency exit door at the museum:). It was so funny!
Mom took the other kids to the Pacific Science Center.
We met up and went to Pike Place Market. It was very crowded and we all ended up feeling very claustrophobic. We enjoyed a wonderful seafood dinner at Lowells at Pike Place. We are back at the hotel, packing up and getting ready to return to Raleigh.
Overall it was a great trip. We did so many things, and even though we had to make a few changes it was fantastic. I have enjoyed sharing our memories with you, and I hope you've enjoyed the blog. Thank you for all our prayers during these few weeks!
Please pray that our flights go well with no delays.
Have a great night!
Jacob next to guitar sculpture at the Experience Music Project Museum

6 comments:
Hi Shelby,
Congratulations for another very interesting vacation diary! We had fun sharing in part of your vacation by being with you and all our family, and then sharing in the rest of your fun times, through your writing and pictures.
We are praying that you will have a safe and "on time" arrival back home.
We love you!
Grandma and Grandpa
Wow, Shelby!
You did a wonderful job of posting pictures and comments to help us all experience your vacation with you! We have missed you, but glad to be able to follow along and see what a good time you've been having. I hope you took a picture of your parents enjoying a Starbucks coffee at the original Pike Place!!! Sarah, you look 5 years older all of a sudden, honey! The west coast must agree with you! You seem taller and your haircut looks great! Yours does, too, Shelby! Jacob looks like he'd like to just stay right there by that guitar sculpture for awhile and just soak in the vibes. Campbell and Carter look like they've had a great time exploring and being free! Can't wait to see all the pictures! Hope the trip home is smooth and uneventful.
We love you all,
the Williams
Hey Shelby!
You did a really good job blogging your vacation! I really loved reading it! Did you drink or eat anything at the oringinal Starbucks??? By the time you read this you will probably already be in Raleigh, but, oh well. The guitar sculpture looked really cool! Can't wait to see you, and I hope your flight goes OK!
See ya soon!
Love,
Bethany
Hey Shelby!
The Space Needle looks really cool, and the view looks AWESOME. It's also so cool how you went to the original Starbucks! The museum sounds amazing, and the guitar sculpture looks so cool! I will be praying for you all on your trip home.
Love,
Lizzy:)
P.S. You did a great job on the blog, Shelby!
Hey Shelby!
Thanks for keeping me posted on your vaca... i almost felt like i was there! I know i missed you and am glad you are back but i hope you enjoyed your vacation VERY much! I know i did! :)
Love ya,
Katie
Shelby,
You have done a wonderful job on the blog....sorry I haven't posted a comment until now. I have enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading your postings. Looks like you had a terrific time!! I am so glad that you all are home safely.
I love you...
Aunt Margie
Post a Comment