Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Last Few Days

The last few days have been wonderful. The Oregon coast is so beautiful, so different than North Carolina. There are cliffs that meet the ocean in a way that is hard to describe. We stopped at several different beaches, and put our toes in the water. The water is very cold, and the only people swimming are surfers in wet suits. We had fun with sand castle competitions, changing partners each time. My parents are wimps, and kept declaring each competetion a tie.
The tide pool area was really neat. We saw lots of sea life (sea stars, anemones, sea cucumbers - we even found a small dead octopus).
We ended the day with dinner in Astoria, Oregon - the northern most beach area. We spent the night in Kelso, WA. Today we will see Mt. St. Helens and Olympic National Park. There is a rainforest there called Hoh Rainforest that we plan to visit today. We will spend the next 2 nights in Port Angeles, WA. Then on to Seattle.... I'll try to update tomorrow.
We will be going back into the mountains today, so please pray Sarah does not get altitude sickness again.
Sea Lion Cave

Starfish in tide pool


Sea Anemone in tide pool

Tide pools

Campbell, Carter and Sarah on rocks at beach

Oregon Dunes


Walking UP is much harder than running DOWN

Sand castle competition


My finest creation

5 comments:

david santos said...

Very nice pictures!!!
Happy day.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelby!
It sounds like ya'll are having alot of fun! The pictures are really good! I love your creation! I will definetly pray for Sarah. Have fun and be sure to keep posting!

Love, Bethany

Anonymous said...

In what I just posted, it says 10:09am, but it is really 1:06pm! Bethany

Unknown said...

Hey Shelby!
I love the pictures! I know what you mean about the dunes; I still remember when we climbed the ones in Michigan. Me and you kept stopping in the middle of the dune:) I will be praying for Sarah, and I can't wait to see more pictures!
Love,
Lizzy:-)
P.S. Cool creation!

Anonymous said...

The sea lion cave and the starfish looks AWESOME!! :)